Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre(RVH) is a 299-bed acute care community hospital based in Barrie, Ontario.
RVH is the only hospital in Barrie and provides specialized services to patients from a large geographical region – including Simcoe County and the districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound.
In the early 1900’s, when RVH outgrew its 13-bed hospital and built a new facility on Ross Street, The Sarjeant Company was one of the first local businesses to contribute. In 1989 when RVH launched its Building on a Century campaign to construct the Georgian Drive hospital, The Sarjeant Company pledged $500,000.
In 2012, RVH embarked on the largest capital project in Simcoe-Muskoka history, a $450 million project featuring the Simcoe Muskoka Regional Cancer Centre, to which John and Margaret Elliott donated $500,000 and The Sarjeant Co. also donated $500,000 for a total of $1,000,000.
The centre, which will be the only one of its kind between Newmarket and Sudbury, will provide advanced diagnostics, radiation treatment and follow-up cancer care to the almost half million people who live in Simcoe County and Muskoka.
CEO, Scott Elliott is heavily involved with RVH, having served for many years on its board of directors, including two years as chairperson. He currently serves as the RVH Foundation chairperson. The Foundation supports RVH with the necessary funding to bring urgently needed state-of-the-art medical equipment, facilities and health care programs close to home.