We are searching for Fuel/Propane Drivers for the Gravenhurst area.
· Deliver fuel or propane to residential homes, businesses and construction jobsites to fill trucks and equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.
· Visually inspect fuel tanks to ensure they are in sufficient condition to hold and store product being delivered.
· Report concerns and/or needed repairs regarding fuel tanks to Fuel Dispatcher.
· Perform all required company and regulatory vehicle inspections prior to and following each assigned shift.
· Prepare and distribute required vehicle inspection forms in accordance with company and MTO requirements.
· Preserve a safe work environment by maintaining equipment in a clean and orderly manner and in good mechanical condition.
· Other duties as required
· High School graduation or its equivalent is required
· Perform the four basic arithmetic operations
· Must have valid Class “AZ” or Class “DZ” commercial driver’s license
· Driving record must not contain convictions of any disqualifying offenses
· Possess reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps and route direction
· Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs and to perform basic vehicle repairs
· Physically fit, multiple stops in a day, getting in and out of bulk truck and pulling delivery hose
· Customer Service — Takes responsibility for customer relationships, appropriately represents Sarjeants
· Must be able to work outside and in all weather conditions.
· Must wear all required personal protective equipment
· For probation period drivers will be paid $2.00/hr less at a rate of $24.50, once probation is complete driver will move to $26.50 and after six months will receive a retention bonus of $400.
Long hours may be required during the busy season; which may include weekends or holidays.
This is an outline of the work involved in this role and is not intended as a complete list of duties or responsibilities. All employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to “get the job done” and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of our team. This focus will be to the benefit of the employee, our customers and the company.
The Sarjeant Co Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $23.25-$25.25 per hour
10 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Do you live in Muskoka?
Fuel hauling: 1 year (preferred)