The Sarjeant Company is seeking a Fuel and Service Dispatcher to join our team. The Dispatcher is responsible to maintain/improve a high level of customer service by ensuring safe, timely and cost effective delivery to our clients, coordinating with our team of drivers, Sales, Service and Management.
- Answer phones; receive orders from customers, prepare delivery data and dispatch deliveries.
- Utilizing Digital Dispatch software to map and load trucks for deliveries.
- Import daily fuel delivery information for billing to customer accounts.
- Ensure customer account information is accurate and current, including the calculation of fill frequency dates.
- Through regular communication, provide excellent customer service for our customers in regards to their fueling requirements.
- Liaise with the Credit Department and Sales on any billing issues, including customer related charges, outstanding cash/credit card deliveries or credit issues.
- Check and verify driver hours daily and calculate load premiums as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills
- Highly organized, efficient, able to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Time management skills, high sense of urgency
- Ability to analyze situations quickly and effectively and make sound decisions
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to read maps and relay directions
- Operation of common radio dispatch equipment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or graduation from a recognized Business Administration course
- Post-Secondary education in a logistics program and/or combined industry experience is desirable
- Training in Emergency Spill Response and Safety & Compliance would be an asset
- Previous experience with a high-paced call centre/customer service/dispatch role is required
- Logistics/distribution industry experience desirable
Working conditions are conducive of a typical office environment – must be comfortable sitting at a desk for extended period of time, using keyboard and phone. Dispatch hours vary based on seasonal requirements. This is a Monday – Friday schedule from 9AM – 6PM
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.50-$22.00 per hour