We are searching for Fuel/Propane Drivers to work out of Barrie!
Working days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday – off on Wednesday/Thursday.
Hours 9am to 6pm. Flexible start time on Saturday/Sunday if preferred.
· Deliver fuel or propane to residential homes, businesses and construction jobsites to fill trucks and equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.
· Visually inspect fuel tanks to ensure they are in sufficient condition to hold and store product being delivered.
· Report concerns and/or needed repairs regarding fuel tanks to Fuel Dispatcher.
· Perform all required company and regulatory vehicle inspections prior to and following each assigned shift.
· Prepare and distribute required vehicle inspection forms in accordance with company and MTO requirements.
· Preserve a safe work environment by maintaining equipment in a clean and orderly manner and in good mechanical condition.
· Other duties as required
· High School graduation or its equivalent is required
· Perform the four basic arithmetic operations
· Must be able to drive a manual transmission
· Must have valid Class “AZ” or Class “DZ” commercial driver’s license
· Driving record must not contain convictions of any disqualifying offenses
· Possess reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps and route direction
· Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs and to perform basic vehicle repairs
· Physically fit, multiple stops in a day, getting in and out of bulk truck and pulling delivery hose
· Customer Service — Takes responsibility for customer relationships, appropriately represents Sarjeants
· Must be able to work outside and in all weather conditions
· Must wear all required personal protective equipment
· No previous fuel experience necessary if willing to learn
Drivers will be paid at a rate of $25.50 per hour for the first 3 months, $26.00 per hour for months 3 thru 6, $26.50 per hour for months 6 thru 9, and after completion of 9 months, the driver will receive full rate of $27.50 per hour
Long hours may be required during the busy season.
This is an outline of the work involved in this role and is not intended as a complete list of duties or responsibilities. All employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to “get the job done” and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of our team. This focus will be to the benefit of the employee, our customers and the company.
The Sarjeant Co Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.50-$27.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Can you drive a manual transmission?
- AZ or DZ license (required)