We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist responsible for a broad range of Human Resources functions, providing front-line support and guidance to the management and leadership team across all divisions. Responsible for aligning Human Resource practices to help the organization achieve its strategic and operational objectives.
- Oversee and lead our recruitment efforts. Work with department managers to assess their needs, create job descriptions, develop compensation strategies or follow the employee association guidelines, create job postings over website-social-job boards-job fair-etc., review/ screen candidates, present to mgmt., conduct interviews with mgmt., send offer letters, follow through until employee start date, ensure employees have everything they need upon their start date and provide onboarding,
- Ensure the company is properly staffed and retains its top talent, help the President and Director of Finance set out strategies for the company’s Human Capital requirements and goals
- Work with management. and leadership on employee association negotiations, providing industry comparables across multiple locations, pulling other related agreements, assessing market conditions, etc.
- Collaborate with management to assess employee skills, develop and implement training programs, attendance management, Employee Performance Improvement Programs when required, and working with the employee on improving what is required to be successful in their job if there are deficiencies and if not successful in improving to an acceptable level perform terminations with management
- Provide interpretation, advise, coach, and assist the management team on applicable legislation, policies and procedures, programs and best practices
- Responsible for managing enrollments, determining employee eligibility and answering all inquiries pertaining to group benefits, the employee assistance program (EAP) and the group retirement savings program
- Involvement in benefits, EAP and group RRSP reviews and negotiations
- Management of WSIB and short term/long term disability claims, including the return-to-work process for both work-related and non-work-related injuries and illnesses, work with legal team to oversee investigations, etc.
- Ensure organizational legal compliance with regulations and applicable employment laws, and updating policies and/or procedures as required for HR and Health & Safety
- Create, review and implement Human Resources and Health & Safety policies, procedures and programs for the company with the collaboration of mgmt.
- Lead the health and safety function with the company with the collaboration of our Health & Safety Coordinator
- With the JHSC and Health & Safety Coordinator conduct workplace investigations, regular health and safety meetings, report/ track accidents and incidents as well as audits as required
- Provide support to employees, promoting an open-door environment
- Attend sites across Simcoe & Muskoka to see employees on a quarterly basis to have a presence for our staff that do not reside at head office and at the same time work with our health & safety team to conduct any site reviews while on site
- Maintain employee-related databases, track training and prepare applicable reports for management
- Collaborate with HR counterpart in the Northern region to ensure the company is aligned and everything is up to date for both regions
- Work with Payroll Specialist to ensure all new employees are properly set up for payroll, terminated and laid-off employees are properly removed/ suspended from payroll, issue ROE and employment records as required
- Responsible to work with mgmt. to ensure employee time is reviewed, accurate and approved in a timely fashion so that payroll processing is not delayed and is correct
- Maintain and manage confidential information with a high degree of professionalism
- Oversee and lead our corporate culture and employee engagement
- 8 am-5 pm Monday-Friday 40 hrs per week
Skills and Abilities
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources and/or previous related experience· CHRP or CHRL designation or enrolment in
- Strong knowledge of HR legislation, principles and best practices
- Minimum 3 years recent and relevant experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 3 years recent and relevant experience in Health and Safety
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights Code, and the Employment Standards Act
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, and work with competing priorities
- Demonstrate an ability to coach, facilitate, and resolve conflict
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision, self starter
Working conditions are conducive to a typical office environment – must be comfortable sitting at a desk for an extended period of time, using a keyboard and phone.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent