Maintenance Mechanic (Aggregates)
We have an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic to work at our various Aggregate Pits in Simcoe County. This role is suitable for an experienced heavy equipment operator with a mechanical aptitude, the applicant must have their Surface Minor Common Core.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose equipment
- Repair, replace and recondition aggregate equipment components and systems
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment and components
- Make recommendations regarding repairs and methods for improvement
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work on heavy equipment as required
- Assist in the collection of data necessary for efficient inventory control
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe working environment
- Responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe manner
- Perform daily pre-and post- inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies
- Properly follow all company policies, procedures and H&S regulations for safe working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years’ experience operating heavy equipment
- Surface Minor Common Core
- Experience working in the aggregate pits is an asset
- Familiar with screening plants, wash plant, jaws, and crushing equipment
- Ability to follow directions that are spoken or given by hand signals
- A safety-conscious attitude
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills and aptitude
- Self-motivated with ability to work with limited supervision
- Physically fit, comfortable lifting up to 50lbs
- Comfortable working at heights
- Able to work outside and in all weather conditions
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Capability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Must be able to take direction from supervisor, be a team player, and keep focused on required work schedule
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting the position title in the subject line.
The Sarjeant Co. Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
The Sarjeant Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including retirement savings and health/dental benefits.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.