Labourer, Aggregate Pit The Sarjeant CO. LTD.
- Housekeeping and maintenance of pit property; shoveling, cleaning up debris; sweeping etc
- Assist with picking up and delivering equipment, tools, supplies, and materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area, ensure work is done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Comply with all Company standards, policies and procedures, including; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation
- Assist with other miscellaneous tasks as necessary
- Be punctual, dependable and flexible
- Valid G drivers licence
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Surface Miner Common Core Training would be an asset
- Mental awareness to be able to work around potential hazards.
- Must have knowledge to use MSDS information sheets.
- Must be able to take direction from supervisor, keep required work schedule, focus on attention to details, follow all rules and policies, and be a team player.
- Mechanically inclined and experience with heavy equipment an asset
- Must be able to handle the physical demands of the job, able to work outside and in all weather conditions.
- Must wear all required personal protective equipment
Long hours may be required during the busy season; which may include weekends or holidays.
This is an outline of the work involved in this role and is not intended as a complete list of duties or responsibilities. All employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to “get the job done”.
The Sarjeant Co. Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
The Sarjeant Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including retirement savings and health/dental benefits.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.