Financial Analyst Custom Concrete (Northern)
- Analyze and reconcile accounts and cost centers. Performing variance analysis and account reviews to make sure balances are in line with expectations. Developing commentary to explain major variances. Credit and Accounts Receivable
- Responsible to perform all credit, collection and cash application functions. o Including extending credit, monitoring and the use of collateral risk tools, collection of customer receivables, resolve disputes and approve customer orders, oversee cash applications, resolve customer disputes and work directly with Custom Concrete sales and management
- Handle daily collection activities, preparing deposits and applying payments
- Liaison with sales to communicate credit decisions and ensure timely review of new customers
- Prepare collection reports / Aged Receivables by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information Banking
- Communicate with Finance team at Head Office to ensure that bank entries are posted accurately and resolve any issues with payment systems
- Complete and review any billing as needed Month end Activities
- Coordinate and perform month-end activities including processing journals, reconciling balance sheet accounts and performing account analysis with commentary that addresses key issues and drivers.
- Assist Head Office with entries for Inter-Company, Royalty and Aggregate Haulage, Petty Cash Reconciliation
- Monthly review of operating results
- Monthly review and reconciliation of account variances Process Improvement
- Analyze the performance of various procedures at Custom Concrete and make recommendations for improvements and find new efficiencies both inside and outside of the office
- Help to oversee and manage Office Clerk/ Administrative Support staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Foster strong working relationships across the businesses and work proactively to identify opportunities for finance to act as a strategic business partner
- Become a power user and subject matter expert in the division for key financial systems
- Undertake special projects and analysis as required
- May be required to change priorities/duties from time to time, as department needs require, and accept other duties as assigned
- Complete ad-hoc reporting as necessary
- Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3 – 5 years of work experience
- Extensive knowledge of ASPE requirements
- Working knowledge of accounting systems. (Dynamics Nav2017, Jet Reports and MSFT Power BI knowledge would be a strong asset)
- Advanced Excel knowledge working with Pivot tables, Vlookup, Macros etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate across the company
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organization skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to importance, work in a deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and personal integrity
- Candidate should be looking for a long term employment relationship
- Exposure to any of the following industries is a benefit: Construction and Construction Material Supply, Mining, Aggregate, Public Accounting experience
This is an outline of the work involved in this role and is not intended as a complete list of duties or responsibilities. All employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to “get the job done” and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of our team. This focus will be to the benefit of the employee, our customers and the company.
The Sarjeant Co. Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
The Sarjeant Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including retirement savings and health/dental benefits.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.