Heavy Equipment Mechanic The Sarjeant Co. Ltd.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose equipment
- Repair, replace and recondition aggregate equipment components and systems
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment and components
- Make recommendations regarding repairs and methods for improvement
- Contribute to the on-going reliability of all equipment and preventative maintenance requirements
- Test repaired equipment to verify proper maintenance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work on heavy equipment as required
- Assist in the collection of data necessary for efficient inventory control
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe working environment
- Responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe manner
- Perform daily pre-and post- inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies
- Properly follow all company policies, procedures and H&S regulations for safe working environment
- Perform general labour duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ experience operating heavy equipment
- Must have Surface Minor Common Core
- Experience working in the aggregate pits is required
- Knowledge of aggregates and ready-mix concrete industry
- Familiarity working with screening plants, wash plant, jaws, and crushing equipment
- Ability to follow directions that are spoken or given by hand signals
- A safety-conscious attitude
- General understanding of aggregate productions
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills and aptitude
- Self-motivated with ability to work with limited supervision
- Physically fit, comfortable lifting up to 50lbs
- Comfortable working at heights
- Able to work outside and in all weather conditions
- Ability to perform daily equipment checks including pre and post trip checks
- Must be able to take direction from supervisor, be a team player, and keep focused on required work schedule
This is an outline of the work involved in this role and is not intended as a complete list of duties or responsibilities. All employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to “get the job done” and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of our team. This focus will be to the benefit of the employee, our customers and the company.
The Sarjeant Co. Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
The Sarjeant Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including retirement savings and health/dental benefits.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.